Connect5 : Christ-Centred Career Conversations over Coffee
- This is an ad-hoc mentoring programme for young adults – to meet with individuals from their respective industries who can offer career guidance.
- Seek advice to navigate workplace challenges
- Seek advice on career progression and job fit
- Guidance and support to live out God’s reign and gospel in the workplace
- This programme is available only to regular attendees of Grace AOG.
- Look through the LinkedIn accounts below, and select a vocational mentor from the industry that you are interested in.
- Send a message to him/her via LinkedIn to request for a one-hour meal slot (at his/her convenience), to seek one-on-one advice regarding your career. Remember to pay for the meal!
- This is a one-time session unless both parties mutually agree to subsequent meet-ups.
- List of current vocational mentors:
- Peter Lim, Accounting/Tax/Consulting
- Chan Hock Hui, Banking
- Yap Joo Ee, Business (Director)
- Anne Ng, Corporate Communications
- Francis Lee, Education (Teacher)
- Sarah Lim, Education (Lecturer)
- Andy Tan, Finance (Trader)
- Hong Jye, Healthcare (Doctor)
- Jeslin Supardi, Industrial Psychology
- Tan Kok Lin, Military
- Eric Lim, Oil and Gas
- Kevin Shen, Oil and Gas
- John Leong, Sales (Regional Manager)
- Ho Wan Leng, Talent Consulting (Entrepreneur)
Please contact us if you need someone from a different industry, and we will do our best to find someone to help you.
Recommended: The Gospel-Centred Life at Work by Robert W. Alexander (Leader & Participant Guide)
The Gospel at Work by Sebastian Traeger & Greg Gibert (10 sessions)
Every Great Endeavor by Timothy Keller (12 sessions)
– a Vocational Mentor can be attached to the group/cell upon request
Regular Yearly Workshops
i. Starting Work Right (Every July)
Regular Biennial Workshops
i. Financial Stewardship God’s Way
ii. Theology of Work
iii. Relationships at Work
Ad-hoc workshops will be conducted when suitable speakers are available.